To redecorate a room, there’s no should acquire new furniture– merely upgrade what you’ve got with a fresh layer of paint. See this video to discover out just how.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Drop cloth.
- 220-grit sandpaper or flexible foam sanding sponge.
- Latex paint.
- Roller frame and rollers.
- Painting brushes.
- Foam paint brushes.
ADHERE TO THESE STEPS.
1. Lay a ground cloth.
If painting inside, you’ll want to secure your home furnishings. Remove any kind of handles, draws, or hardware from the furniture.
2. Sand furniture.
For a smooth finish, utilize a flexible-foam sanding sponge or 220-grit sandpaper. If your piece has knots, sand them until they’re even with the grain.
3. Dust furniture.
To eliminate residual grit, you could utilize a clean fabric or a vacuum.
To secure the wood, roll or paint a coat of guide over the entire piece. You could likewise utilize spray primer. Keying hides blemishes and provides a surface area for the paint to adhere to. Let dry for a minimum of an hour.
Aha! If you’re unsure whether you desire a glossy or a flat finish, try fixed initially. You can always re-cover level with a satin or a semi-gloss, however it’s more challenging to enter reverse as well as cover the sheen.
Using a roller on large surface areas as well as a brush on smaller sized ones, use a layer of latex paint.
6. Let completely dry for a minimum of two hours.
When the paint is completely dry, utilize a tidy brush to apply a second layer of paint (two coats are typically the minimal required for a good, also coating).
Tip: Between layers, place your brush in a plastic grocery bag and stash it in the fridge to maintain it wet. That’s faster than cleaning it as well as awaiting it to completely dry.
Check video below
Gallery of: How You Can Painting Unfinished Wood Furniture
- image tips for paint unfinished wood furniture
- picture how to paint unfinished natural wood furniture
- impression how to paint unfinished solid wood furniture
- picture how to paint unfinished wood cabinets
- graphic how to paint unfinished wood table
- image how to paint an unfinished wooden table
- picture how do i paint unfinished teak furniture
- graphic How you can painting unfinished teak furniture
- photograph how to paint unfinished teak furniture
- photograph How you can painting unfinished wood furniture
- image how do i paint unfinished wood furniture
- photograph how to paint unfinished wooden furniture
- image how to paint unfinished furniture
- graphic how to spray paint unfinished wood furniture